Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tip of the Week...

Time Savers:

Whenever you find that you seem to have too many things to do and not nearly enough time, try some of these little tidbits to help you save your sanity…

Always multitask! Always work on 2 tasks at the same time; such as when talking on the phone, get up and put the dishes in the dishwasher, throw a load of clothes in the dryer, dust something, or create a new card. The only time I am not multitasking is when I am sleeping. I can’t get that one figured out yet!!

Utilize the kids and husband! Loving you is a great thing! Who else would hand them a sponge and spray bottle and say “Go Crazy!” while having a cup of tea? If they live in the house, it should be expected that they pitch in every day! My kids make their beds; clean the bathrooms, deal with the dirty and clean dishes, and fold and put away clean clothes. It’s wonderful! I love it that they are getting old enough to handle these chores and they feel like they have contributed to the household.

Don’t be afraid to give the family cereal for dinner! Save time in the kitchen. Let the kids go crazy and make ‘themselves’ a bowl of cereal for dinner! Or if they are old enough – give them the dinner chore one or two nights a week.

Keep an active To-Do-List: I’ve mentioned this one in my blog before; but it is so good, it needs to be brought back again! Keep it updated and rewrite once too many items get marked off. It really makes you feel like you are getting something accomplished each day, which in turn keeps you going! I have been doing this for several years now and it really does help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments; The good, the bad; and the ugly ~ I want them all! Thanks! Megan